Monday, May 21, 2012

Unexpected Ending...

Devastation.  Our pregnancy journey has ended.  My 8 week appointment showed no heartbeat or growth past 6 weeks.  Tomorrow I will have a D&C.  We naively did not expect this coming at all.  I had falsely assumed that the biggest hurdle would be becoming pregnant and not staying pregnant.  The doctor reassured me that my body had nothing to do with this loss; rather, it was likely a chromosomal imbalance but of course, I cant help but think I did something wrong.  Time will help with the emotional pain & numbness I feel now.  I only hope for some other miracle to happen for the boys where they can be parents in the near future.  But my journey in becoming pregnant has ended. I wish you all the best in your pregnancy dreams & hope for nothing but dreams to come true for you all!

12 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for your and the boys' loss. What a blow, especially when it is so unexpected. Hang in there and take very good care of yourself. I wish you didn't have to go through this...miscarriage is so difficult.

    Thinking of you.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very sorry for all of your losses. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for your loss. I hope you can find peace down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jessica -- I am so very sorry. My heart just sank at the subject line of your post. Sending lots of good thoughts and hugs and to you and your baby daddies too - this must be so tough on them also. Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry Jessica. I hope you can feel all of the "virtual ((hugs))" coming your way. Take care of yourself during this difficult time. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very sorry. I hope you have an easy procedure and recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry. This is such shocking news. You and the baby daddies are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for you and your friends. I wish there was something more I could say...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder if in some ways it's not harder, or at least less emotionally straightforward, to miscarry someone else's baby rather than your own. It's gotta be a roller coaster for you - let us know how things go for you if you feel up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so terribly sorry :( hugs to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry for everyone involved! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just checking in with you. I've been thinking about you. How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete